Outlook 2011 for Mac and the import feature
Most of the time I am using my Apple iMac sitting in the living room at home. I switched for year and a half to Mac OSX; now and than I need to work with my windows machines because I am missing some features. Couple months ago Microsoft released Office 2011 for Mac. I couldn’t wait to download this new version.
On Microsoft website I am eligible to get this software and soon I did. Microsoft listen to their Mac Office users and implemented a new feature to import the Windows based PST files into new Outlook 2011 version for Mac. The process is simple and today I finally switched my old archives to Mac based PST folder structure.
How to import a PST data file from Windows Outlook version into Outlook 2011 for Mac?
- Start Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Go to File and than click Import
- Select Outlook Data File (pst or olm) and click on the next arrow
- Select Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) and click on the next arrow
- Locate the PST file. Outlook will now import the PST file
- Click Done to close the import process
- The PST file will be available now in the left side of the screen “ON MY COMPUTER”
As you can see I stopped with the archiving in this folder structure in 2006 and I now can read my old email on Outlook 2011 for Mac. Thank you Microsoft! As Mac user I appreciate this feature much. Related links: